November 28th, 2012
That Emma K. Gardner...she's a stinker. She's just like the others. Totally supportive, a wonderful participant in all things writing and spanking. I couldn't imagine being anything other than honored that she has nominated this blog for the Liebster. Here are her questions for me:
1. How long did you believe in Santa Claus? Until just now. Thanks.
2. What do you sing in the shower? Show tunes. "How do you solve a problem like Ma-ri-aaaa..."
3. What do you love the most? My life
4. What food makes you want to puke? Food that's been recently puked
5. Coke or Pepsi? Pepsi
6. Favorite movie? Godfathers 1-3
7. Favorite bad movie? Pink Flamingos (don't ask)
8. Do you remember what anyone wrote in your high school musical? Sure. I think...if you mean yearbook. Most were KIT (Keep in Touch) or 'Have a bitchin summer.
9. What book have you reread the most times? The Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy, and Knight by Kristin Ashley (both 3 times)
10. If you could be a tree, what kind of tree would you be? An oak
11. What superpower would you want? invisible or see through walls, like x-ray specs.
Alright. I'll bite. I nominate Cara Bristol, Korey Mae Johnson, Celeste Jones, Patty Devlin, Claire Colinsgrove and Katerina Kinsley from Bottoms Up Books.
My questions for my nominees:
1. What famous person needs to be spanked, and who (also famous) should do the spanking?
2. Do you have tattoos or piercings?
3. What is your all-time favorite spanking scene in a book or movie/TV show? Describe it in as much detail as you can.
3. Have you ever lied to get yourself out of a spanking?
4. What are you reading now?
5. What do you wish you could do that you can't?
6. If you could invite six people to dinner, who would they be?
7. What are you most afraid of?
8. In a disaster, list three things you would not leave the house without (excluding loved ones and pets).
9. Do you REALLY turn off your cell phone when the flight attendant asks?
10. Where is the most unusual place you've made love.
11. What was your best/favorite job?
November 17th, 2012
Now Sue Lyndon's gotten into the Liebster act. Who can I speak with to arrange a spanking for her?
1. What is your favorite song? So many...I guess right now, and it's been this way for many years, Don't Ever Wonder by Maxwell
2. What was the last thing you ate? Pea soup and a Monte Cristo sandwich
3. Do you prefer to read from a Kindle/Nook/etc. or a paper copy? I just got a Kindle and I cannot believe how much I'm loving it
4. List your five favorite movies. 1) Godfather Pt. 1 2) Godfather pt. 2 3) Godfather pt. 3 4) Steel Magnolia 5) An Affair to Remember
5. What writing project are you working on now? A romance/suspense full length novel with about ten tentative titles.
6. Are you allergic to anything? I am SENSITIVE to many things, but no Epi Pen for me
7. Do you have any real life stories that start with, "This one time at band camp..." ? Sadly...no.
8. How do you handle telemarketers? Do you hang up, politely say 'no thanks', or curse them to the depths of hell? I screen with a marvelous device called an answering machine.
9. When was the last time you wrote someone a letter by hand and snail mailed it? 5+ years
10. Besides writing, do you have any other artsy talents? Please refer to #3 under Things About Me in the prior post. It's as artsy as I get
11. What's your favorite kind of candy? Dark Chocolate and Lemonheads
LIEBSTER AWARD. WHAT?
I was nominated by Cara Bristol for The Liebster Award. Here are rules, stolen verbatim from Ana Vitsky's blog:
Alright, now I suppose I need to answer Cara's questions first, so here goes:
Now, stuff about me you might not know:
1. I have never been seriously spanked as an adult
2. I have a fear of falling but not of heights
3. Using just my mouth, I can tie a knot in the stem of a Maraschino cherry
4. I love Barry Manilow and The Carpenters
5. I love single-malt scotch
6. I love the smell of single malt scotch on my love's breath
9. I'm a great cook but a lousy housekeeper
10. My love and I have been together in several past lives
11. I was raised Mormon--no joke.
While I had a ball answering these questions and telling you a bit about myself, I cannot bring myself to pester 11 people with this much fun, so on this part, I shall respectfully pass.
I was tagged by Anastasia Vitsky.
Here are the rules:
DAYS WITH YOU
2. What genre does the book fall under?
ROMANCE/SUSPENSE WITH, YOU KNOW... :)
3. Which actors would you choose to play your characters for the movie rendition?
NO ACTORS, BUT I DO USE PICTURES
4. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
COP TRIES TO PROTECT A WOMAN FROM AN UNKNOWN KILLER
5. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
I DON'T SELF-PUB
6. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
7. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
ANY ROMANCE SUSPENSE WHERE HERO PROTECTS HEROINE, EXCEPT IN MINE HE SPANKS HER, TOO
8. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
IT STARTED OUT MANY YEARS AGO AS FAN FICTION FOR A TV SHOW. IT MORPHED FROM THERE.
9. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
THE CHARACTERS ARE VERY REAL AND THEY AREN'T PERFECT. THERE'S MAJOR CHEMISTRY BETWEEN THE TWO, AND THEIR RELATIONSHIP IS COMPLICATED BY AN EX-HUSBAND AND CHILDREN, IN ADDITION TO THE KILLER WHO IS AFTER HER.
Tag, you’re it!
I'm tagging these five authors:
Jade Cary writes Romantica and Romantic Suspense, on the rocks with a twist. Bottoms up!
SITES I DIG
A FADED ROMANTIC
ALTA HENSLEY, ROMANCE AUTHOR
ART OF AUTHORITY
BASIA ROSE, AUTHOR
BLACK VELVET SEDUCTIONS
BOTTOMS UP BOOK REVIEWS
CARA BRISTOL, AUTHOR
CDD FOR LIFE/PATTY DEVLIN
CELESTE JONES, AUTHOR
THE DISCIPLINED FEMINIST
EMMA K. GARDNER, AUTHOR
FREDDY AND EDDY - A WEBSITE OF ALL COUPLES
THE HAND OF LOVE
HEART AND SOUL
THE IMPROVED CHAUVINIST
KARLA DOYLE, AUTHOR
KOREY MAE JOHNSON, AUTHOR
LAZY DAY PUBLISHING
MY BOTTOM SMARTS
RENEE ROSE, AUTHOR
SADEY QUINN, AUTHOR
SARADORA'S SPANKING FICTION
SUE LYNDON, AUTHOR
TROLLOP WITH A LAPTOP